8.13.2008

Football has begun

Chris has been practicing for just about three weeks now. I spent most of my evenings last year at this time at his practices, this year, not so much.  Matt is very faithful though. This year has been very different for Chris, he has really enjoyed football, he comes home so happy and tells me everything he learned and the name of the plays, and how well he did.  He just LOVES it this year.  He has been selected to be the quarterback... and the punter (I just nod and say OK). It started out that there were three quarterbacks, Chris being QB1, now there is ONE quarterback... Chris.  Matt always tells me how great he is doing and how well he is getting the plays and such, but I still have this nervous stomach about it.  Not because I'm worried about him getting hurt (Chris has his own team of angels, they are on shifts and I'm sure the turn-over is rapid!), he can take a hit... but what if he's no good!  How Terrible you're thinking..  but it's true.  Last year he was not in such a spotlight position, it makes me nervous.  I was able to witness practice tonight, Matt was right, he gets it.  To watch him out there having plays called into him and he knows exactly what to do, having two kids fight over who gets the ball thrown to them first (while they were messing around before practice) and quite authoritatively he tells them 'both of you go deep' - WHEN THE CRAP did my little boy grow up?  sniff (yes, Jeff I'm tearing up)

Chris punting


So now all I need to do, is create a game plan and play names for, go clean your room, get your shoes AND put them on your feet, and NO you may not wear your pajamas to school....  we'd be in great shape.

No comments: