**** WARNING - LONG POST ****
Have you ever lost the one thing you value more than any other? Now I'm not talking about spouses or children here, believe it or not they are more important to me that 'things'. But the one thing that comes dang close to my kids and Matt, my iPhone..... and it may be gone sniff... sniff...
I had to get a 24 hour heart monitor put on yesterday, no nothing is wrong, but I am getting older and I happened to mention at my physical that my heart flutters every once in a while (has nothing to do with the Pepsi and chips I consume on a daily basis, I'm sure) so she made me get this monitor. So I have all these wires coming out of the bottom of my shirt to this little recording box the size of a small digital camera, which sits in a holster type thing attached to a belt. I have been wearing it since yesterday at 2:10 pm, and get to get rid of it at 2:10 today. Well I was hurriedly getting ready to go help at Sydney's class water party, and stopped into the b
athroom, I unbuckled this belt and laid it on the floor in front of me finished my business, redressed myself, flushed the toilet, and proceeded to put the belt thing back on when it caught on something and in a flash of a second there was my (sniff) precious phone floating to the bottom of the toilet (now just for some background info, if you are ever going to lose your most precious possession into a toilet, may you be as blessed as I and have had cleaned it that very morning. I also am a serial clorox tab user, so there is bleach flowing through all the water into my toilet bowl). Now you've all seen those parts in the movies where the actor is saying NNOOOOO, in the slow motion part of the movie, this had now become me. Next thing I know my phone is back in my hands (it's already wet, so one more quick rinse in the sink won't hurt it, right), under the sink water it went, into the towel it went. But to no surprise the screen is black and proceeds to be that way until now. Every time I move the phone more water comes out of it. It is at this point that I am cursing Steve Jobs and his design team for the design of this phone and the non removable
back covers of the phone. All I can do is shake it. But now I have to leave to go help at the water party, and in the good mood that I am in, I proceed to the park. Where to my surprise just about every childs mom is helping at the water park (it's good I was rushing to get there). I run down the hill to find a mom that I know. All along getting weird looks from moms and children alike, do remember I have wires coming out of the bottom of my shirt, connecting to the cool belt that just dumped my phone. I find a friend and instantly have to tell why I have wires running from my chest to a recording box, and yes I am fine, well..... (sniff) sort of. MY PHONE IS DEAD!
! (I have few friends, and I'm fine with that. One thing that those few friends know is, I Love my phone, it is like a third child to me.) She dropped her hose that she was spraying the children with and came and gave me a hug, asked if I was alright, and "What are you going to do?". Then we laughed and I pulled my very damp phone out of my pocket and showed it to her while it dripped on the now screaming children who were no longer being paid attention to. She went back to her job of soaking the 1st graders, while I stood and shook my phone, pleading with it, "please come back, do not go toward the light, you cannot leave me". All the while getting some very strange looks.
It was very comical. Then it was time to return the heart monitor, I would have tossed into the street, but I had signed the form the day before saying I would bring it back (who pilfers
a heart monitor?). Just glad to have it off and to be rid of it I return home where I decide to pry of the back of my phone, this is not easily accomplished, apparently Apple does not want you in their phone. I manage to get the bottom part off and that is it,
I still need it to be pretty when it comes out of it's coma, so it sits propped up in front of a fan 'airing out'.
Yes, I thought about taking it in and LYING to Apple saying it just quit working. That is where the tale tell red water damage dot comes into play, hidden deep in the headphone jack, half red and half white, it tells on me. No new phone for me. Back to reading stories to it and telling it about the day events that it missed and WRITING DOWN! what I have to do next week (sniff). So, sorry if I miss your event, it was in my phone. I now have a very quiet day, week, month ahead of me, because I no longer know what's going on. The only good news is the Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) is on June 9th, and it is rumored that the NEW iPhones will be released. Cross your fingers.

No comments:
Post a Comment