7.06.2008

The Good and the Bad of a day on the water

I always knew I would watch one of my kids receive stitches, I just would have guessed it would have been Chris.  But alas, Sydney beat him to it.  We went on the Gould's boat with them yesterday (finally), and everything was great the kids were swimming in the lake.  Then all the kids kind of rushed the ladder at once and our best guess is that the ladder swung out and got her on the shin.  Split it pretty good (oh, did I say everything was great.. what I meant was, everything was great except for me.  Sick as a dog on that boat, not fun but I did not puke IN the boat) Any way, Matt attended to Sydney, fashioned a bandage out of some tape and a tissue.  We continued are boating adventure, Matt has fished on a lake but he has never actually been IN a lake so I was glad that Lonny was able to talk him into trying the wakeboard.  I watched what I could and from what I could tell he did a good job, I don't know how many times it took him to get up and out of the water but it didn't seem like to many when he finally did and then he was wake boarding.  Yea, for him. Chris tried but only lasted 2 attempts. So, after we finished boating I jumped off onto the dock thing, and this is when the puking started, Yuck.  It came and went quickly and then I was fine. We called one of our neighbors, Rob, who is an E.R. doctor (it's nice to have a doctor 1 block away), he was able to look at it, and Sydney got her stitches put in on his kitchen counter. 4 in all.  She did really good, the numbing shots are always the worst and I think she would agree.

She did agree to go out on the boat again though, this was her first experience on a boat.  Even with this happening we did have a good time.  It's just good to spend some time with Good friends, even if your shin is split open or your hanging off the side of the boat! :)  Thanks for taking us Lonny and Megan, hope you'll do it again.

No comments: