Friday was the day we spent at Water World. This was THE reason that Sydney wanted to go to Colorado. I was pretty excited about it to. Matt's not a water fan so he was along for the ride. By the end though he was won over and actually admitted that it was really fun. We chose River Country to start our day, and split up Chris with Matt and Syd with me and went down Thunder River, Syd screamed in terror the ENTIRE way down. Matt and Chris went down the Cimmeron River, Chris loved it. So we made Syndey go again and we switched rivers, Sydney screamed in terror the entire way down. I should be more of a consoling mom, but it was freaking hilarious so I gave her a hug and just laughed and made her go down again. Needless to say after a few times down the screaming stopped the terror filled face did not. Chris and Sydney took some time in Thunder Bay, which is a giant wave pool. This is the wave pool that I about drowned in when I was younger so I sat on the wall and watched anxiously. They were great in it and were mad we had to leave. Matt and Chris did the Zoomerang, which is basically a 25' half pipe that you ride a tube on, this got Chris shaking, wouldn't do it again but had fun doing it. We did eventually talk Sydney into going back to the rivers and going on the single person tubes, it took once and she was hooked, didn't want to do anything else. This is also where I can spend the entire day, it's just fun, hiking yourself and your tube up the hill is not great but still worth it. We ended our day on Journey to the Center of the Earth, where we carried a family tube up a good sized hill and waited in line for at least 30 minutes, once we got on the ride it was completely black for the first minute and a half and it was fast, can you guess what Sydney did. I don't know that we will ever be forgiven for taking her down that ride. Seriously. We did not get to most of the other attractions, and there were a lot more, the kids weren't interested in most of them so we rode the rivers. It was fun, and if the time were to ever come that we had to move to Colorado for Matt's work, we would live in Westminster so that we could get very discounted tickets to Water World.


No comments:
Post a Comment