Today was a very cold and rainy day for football. I'm pretty sure that last Saturday's game was at least 100 degree's and today's, maybe 40. It rained the entire game. I had to laugh though, the game was going on as normal, the team ran a play and everyone started back to the huddle when I noticed that there was a player laying on the ground and no one on the field noticed. He was on the opposite end of the field from where we were, but I could tell that he had white sleeves on, knowing that Chris had white sleeves I instantly started scanning the players on the field and on the sideline only to realize that it was Chris laying on the ground!!!! I did good not to panic but watched intently as the coaches now realized they had a downed player. It took a couple of minutes but eventually he did get up and walked on his own power. He tried to go straight back to the huddle, but as football rules state, if you are the cause of an injury timeout you must go to the sideline for at least the next play. After the game he told us that he got tripped and then his thigh got stepped on. He was fine, though he did sport a funny looking cleat shaped bruise.9.22.2007
(Whistle...) There is an injury time out on the field.
Today was a very cold and rainy day for football. I'm pretty sure that last Saturday's game was at least 100 degree's and today's, maybe 40. It rained the entire game. I had to laugh though, the game was going on as normal, the team ran a play and everyone started back to the huddle when I noticed that there was a player laying on the ground and no one on the field noticed. He was on the opposite end of the field from where we were, but I could tell that he had white sleeves on, knowing that Chris had white sleeves I instantly started scanning the players on the field and on the sideline only to realize that it was Chris laying on the ground!!!! I did good not to panic but watched intently as the coaches now realized they had a downed player. It took a couple of minutes but eventually he did get up and walked on his own power. He tried to go straight back to the huddle, but as football rules state, if you are the cause of an injury timeout you must go to the sideline for at least the next play. After the game he told us that he got tripped and then his thigh got stepped on. He was fine, though he did sport a funny looking cleat shaped bruise.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment