1.09.2008

HOLY SNOW!!!!

We woke up to 16 inches of new snow this morning!!! It was quite the site. You would think with the 12 inches we already had, that the thought of canceling school for the day might enter ones mind..... not in Utah I guess. I did manage to make it the school with my kids, then a friend's children, and then two of my neighbor's kids. After my third trip to the school, I hooked up with Matt and we 'unstucked' numerous people, including two Comcast employees. It snowed from the time we woke up until 5pm that night which totaled 24 inches of new snow for the day. I worked my way out to the middle of our front yard and the snow was hitting just above the middle of my thighs. It was crazy. We spent about 3 hours, with a borrowed snow blower, clearing out our driveway. We had driven our cars in and out of our garage a few times each and Matt got his truck stuck once. So the snow was PACKED, Matt would go over it with the snow blower and I would follow with a shovel chipping away at what I could to try to get it off the driveway. When it started to snow again at 10 pm we gave in and went inside! Luckily it only out about another inch down. 




No comments: